CFI is a non-profit organization established in 1958 by the presidential decree number 453, under the umbrella of the Federation of Egyptian Industries- FEI. CFI is the official representative of the Egyptian Food Industry, with a member base of more than 3000 companies CFI is the platform that represents the processed food & beverage industry before the GOE. Solving and developing every aspect of the business environment that may affect the industry's competitiveness domestically and globally:
- Protect the combined interest and welfare of members through lobbying on their behalf before different governmental bodies.
- Co-ordinate with the different governmental authorities for laying out policies related to the food and beverage industry, and provide opinion and suggestions on legislation.
- Study local impediments facing the development of the food and beverage industry and suggest solutions
- Provide access to strategic alliances
- Updating members on the latest international trends and standards.
- Organize seminars, conferences
- Issue "World of Food" magazine, besides other publications
- A library with a wealth of information specific to the food industry
- Hosting "Egypt 4 Trade" program funded by GTZ
- Member at IDF
- Skills development training programs for labors
- Information Dissemination
- Social Services